Are you a seasoned financial professional with a passion for precision and transformation?
Do you thrive in dynamic environments where your expertise can lead to meaningful change?
If so, we invite you to consider the exciting role of Financial Accountant at Perspectum.
At Perspectum, we believe in the power of innovation to drive positive change, and our finance team is no exception. As Financial Accountant, you'll play a pivotal role in managing and recording our financial transactions, bringing real transformation to our financial systems and processes.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for managing and recording the financial transactions of Perspectum and can deliver real transformation to financial systems and processes. Preparing financial statements and reports, performing financial analysis to help Perspectum monitor its financial performance, they must ensure that Perspectum complies with relevant accounting standards and regulations and communicate financial information to stakeholders such as management, investors, and regulatory bodies. They may also provide advice and recommendations to improve financial performance and mitigate financial risks.
- Prepare and analyse financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, in accordance with accounting standards (e.g., GAAP or IFRS).
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date general ledger accounts, ensuring all financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Coordinate and support external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations to auditors.
- Support with preparation of the monthly & quarterly Board pack.
- Managing the revenue recognition process by reviewing customer contracts and providing support to the team in the revenue calculations.
- Preparation of the consolidated statutory accounts for the UK Group and individual entities.
- Providing support to the team with the month end process.
- Preparation of the R&D calculation and review of the UK corporation tax returns.
- Preparation of the monthly share option charge calculations.
- Overseeing UK and US taxes and ensuring SOX compliance across the finance team processes.
- Managing the documentation of processes and ensuring sufficient controls are in place across all processes.
- Providing system support to the finance team.
- Develop strong working relationships with the wider finance team and the rest of the business.
- Stay updated on accounting standards and regulations, ensuring the organization's financial practices are in compliance.
- Lead and mentor members of the finance team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Set clear performance goals and provide regular feedback to team members.
What we need from you
- ACA / ACCA/ CIMA, or equivalent, qualified.
- Post qualification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and regulations.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience of audit and statutory accounts.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong experience with accounting software and advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of tax laws, audit requirements and regulations
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, fast paced, driven and a proactive team player.
- A fast learner, especially with new systems and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
At Perspectum, you won't just be part of a company; you'll be part of a movement. We offer a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovation is encouraged, and your contributions make a real difference in healthcare. We offer our employees a flexible, fast-paced and fun environment. We are driven by hiring the best talent, who share our values of excellence, accountability, integrity, openness and passion.
We value our employees and are constantly striving to ensure we provide a working environment that offers something for everyone, whether that be flexible working, training opportunities or health and wellbeing initiatives. Benefits include:
- 33days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), increasing with service.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Private healthcare including medical referrals, discounts, access to counselling and nutritional support, and cashback on healthcare bills.
- Life assurance.
- Pension contribution rising to 6% after 2years service.Hybrid and flexible working – we like our employees to be in the office 3 days per week. Our sociable working environment includes pool table, tennis table and table football.
- Office Facilities include free on-site parking, refreshments, onsite showers and changing facilities, bike locks and Electric Vehicle charging points.
Perspectum delivers cutting-edge digital technologies that help clinicians provide better care for patients with liver disease, diabetes, and cancer. With a strong focus on precision medicine using advanced imaging and genetics, our vision is to empower patients and clinicians through quantitative assessments of health enabling early detection, diagnosis, and targeted treatment.