Are you ready to take on a leadership role that will shape the future of engineering at Perspectum?
Do you have the experience of leading a group engineers to deliver innovative software solutions?
The Head of Software Engineering is responsible for driving Perspectum’s software engineering strategy, leading a talented team of engineers, and spearheading the development and delivery of cutting-edge software solutions. With their exceptional technical expertise, strategic mindset, and passion for innovation, they play a pivotal role in shaping Perspectum’s software engineering practices, fostering a culture of excellence, and propelling our organisation towards continued success and growth.
- Lead and inspire a team of engineers providing guidance, mentorship, and support to help each team thrive.
- Identify and implement streamlined processes to enhance productivity, quality (technical and product), and overall efficiency within the engineering organisation.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between different teams to ensure seamless project execution.
- Accountability for project delivery and ensuring each team is feels responsible for meet their targets and deadlines. Foster a culture of accountability and achievement.
- Recruit top-tier talent for your teams and provide training and development opportunities to help them excel in their roles.
- Promote an Agile mindset and methodologies throughout the engineering organisation to adapt quickly to changing requirements and deliver value continuously.
- Utilise your strong technical knowledge, particularly in Cloud/Platform technologies, to provide guidance and support to teams when needed.
- Lead and assist in the execution of strategic initiatives and product improvements.
- Maintain a physical presence in the Oxford office a minimum of 3 days a week, ideally more, to foster a sense of unity and collaboration among teams.
- Take end-to-end ownership over the teams and their functions, with a focus on delivering results. This role does not involve hands-on coding or individual contribution (IC).
- Develop and nurture a high-performing, motivated engineering organisation that continuously improves and evolves.
- Handle typical management responsibilities, such as performance evaluations, resource allocation, and budget oversight.
- Proven experience in leadership roles within engineering or software development, preferably as a Head of Engineering or similar.
- Strong technical background with expertise in Cloud/Platform technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and drive change.
- Demonstrated success in process improvement and project management.
- Agile mindset with experience implementing Agile methodologies.
- Proven track record of recruiting, developing, and leading high-performing engineering teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Results-driven with a focus on achieving goals and delivering value.
- Familiarity of working within regulated environments.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience of matrix management working and leading individuals/teams within such an environment.
- Knowledge of what constitutes a good operational model for software engineering.
At Perspectum, we offer our employees a flexible, fast-paced and fun environment. We are driven by hiring the best talent, who share our values of excellence, accountability, integrity, openness and passion. We value our employees and are constantly striving to ensure we provide a working environment that offers something for everyone, whether that be flexible working, training opportunities or health and wellbeing initiatives. Benefits include:
- 33days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), increasing with service
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare including medical referrals, discounts, access to counselling and nutritional support, and cashback on healthcare bills
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution rising to 6% after 2years service
- Sociable working environment including pool table, table tennis and table football
- Hybrid working – we like our employees to be in the office 3 days per week