Are you the creative mind we are seeking to communicate scientific output to diverse audiences?
As a Visualisation Scientist, you will be part of creating vital presentations of our outputs in clear and useful ways for Perspectum’s patients, clinicians, scientists, and the wider community. While being a part of the Visualization team which focuses on companywide visual representations for our various products, this role will primarily interact with the Translational Science team with a focus on publications.
About the Role
This role, based within the Visualisation subgroup of the Data Science team, works with Translational Science, Imaging Science, Physics, and other teams across the company, with an emphasis on shaping how to best communicate output data. As such there is also close interaction with both our clinical trials and our current research. Your main duties will include:
- Work with R&D and engineering teams to understand the company’s technologies
- Work with Translational Science and medical writers on figures and visual abstracts to support journal and conference publications
- Develop a consistent visual language to communicate technical outputs
- Adapt existing tooling and visualisation pipelines for outward communications
Attention to detail and conscientiousness are needed due to the sensitivity of the data and potential implications of mistakes or the wrong health messaging being communicated.
You might have experience with public communication of science at conferences, science fairs, Pint of Science, science festivals, or similar.
You will have a degree in, or equivalent experience with, Data Visualisation.
You will hold a BSc/MSc preferably in a technical or biomedical subject with the ability to demonstrate your experience of visualisation (for example, via a portfolio highlighting your data visuals and layout design).
You should have experience in scripting and/or programming. Or you will hold a PhD with evidence of strong information visualisation capabilities
At Perspectum, we offer our employees a flexible, fast-paced and fun environment. We are driven by hiring the best talent, who share our values of excellence, accountability, integrity, openness and passion.
We value our employees and are constantly striving to ensure we provide a working environment that offers something for everyone, whether that be flexible working, training opportunities or health and wellbeing initiatives. Benefits include:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), increasing with service
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private healthcare including medical referrals, discounts, access to counselling and nutritional support, and cashback on healthcare bills
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution rising to 6% after 2 years service
- Hybrid working – we like our employees to be in the office 3 days per week. Our sociable working environment includes pool table, tennis table and table football.
- Office Facilities include free on-site parking, refreshments, onsite showers and changing facilities, bike locks and Electric Vehicle charging points.
Perspectum delivers cutting-edge digital technologies that help clinicians provide better care for patients with liver disease, diabetes, and cancer. With a strong focus on precision medicine using advanced imaging and genetics, our vision is to empower patients and clinicians through quantitative assessments of health enabling early detection, diagnosis, and targeted treatment.