- Job Ref:
Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Type of contract:
£30000.00 to £40000.00 Per Annum
- Posted Date:
Friday, March 17, 2023
- Closing Date:
Thursday, March 30, 2023
Do you want to make a real difference to patients by ensuring that Perspectum delivers software medical devices of the highest possible quality?
We have a brand new opportunity to join our Software Quality Assurance team as a Test Engineer.
About the Role
As a Test Engineer you will be contributing by making sure that software gets comprehensively tested by applying variety of manual testing methodologies. You will work closely with Software Engineers, surrounded by friendly technical experts.
Daily duties include:
- Working closely with the Software Engineering Teams, to ensure that the software products are comprehensively tested, and test results documented.
- Developing and maintaining required test plans and test reports based on software development scope.
- Actively managing test coverage to ensure all features are adequately tested with risks being proactively mitigated.
- Writing, maintaining, and executing functional, non-functional and maintenance tests as required.
- Exploratory testing software products and services to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Adhering to product quality expectations and necessary processes.
To be considered for our Test Engineer vacancy, you will ideally be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT, and be an ISEB/ISTQB certified foundation tester. Experience in, or knowledge of, testing Medical Device applications and working in a regulated environment would be highly beneficial.
You must be able to demonstrate your experience with:
- Documenting test plans and writing test reports.
- Writing, maintaining, and executing manual test scripts.
- Testing desktop and web-based applications.
Above all, you will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be self motivated, adaptable and well organised.
At Perspectum, we offer our employees a flexible, fast-paced and fun environment. We are driven by hiring the best talent, who share our values of excellence, accountability, integrity, openness and passion.
We value our employees and are constantly striving to ensure we provide a working environment that offers something for everyone, whether that be flexible working, training opportunities or health and wellbeing initiatives. Benefits include:
33days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), increasing with service
Discretionary bonus scheme
Private healthcare including medical referrals, discounts, access to counselling and nutritional support, and cashback on healthcare bills
Pension contribution rising to 6% after 2years service
Hybrid working – we like our employees to be in the office 3 days per week. Our sociable working environment includes pool table, tennis table and table football.
Office Facilities include free on-site parking, refreshments, onsite showers and changing facilities, bike locks and Electric Vehicle charging points.
Perspectum delivers cutting-edge digital technologies that help clinicians provide better care for patients with liver disease, diabetes, and cancer. With a strong focus on precision medicine using advanced imaging and genetics, our vision is to empower patients and clinicians through quantitative assessments of health enabling early detection, diagnosis, and targeted treatment.