We are seeking a skilled and experienced Ultrasound Sonographer to join our dynamic and diverse team at Perspectum's Community Diagnostics Centre (CDC), Oxford. Partnering with the Oxford University Hospitals, NHS Trust you will play a vital role in delivering accurate and comprehensive imaging results and reports.
About the Role
You will be responsible for conducting a wide range of NHS and private ultrasound examinations and reporting on findings, providing crucial information for patient diagnosis and treatment. The required skills mix includes gynaecological, general, vascular, abdominal, soft tissue and small parts, where you will have full responsibility for reporting as well as unsupervised scans. Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Being professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of your own work, including the management of patients in your care.
- Having first line responsibility being the Ultrasound Sonographer at the CDC.
- Promoting effective governance and ensuring that the highest standard of clinical care is delivered.
- Developing and maintaining skills required to perform at an advanced level, a varied range of unsupervised scans, resulting in a high quality of patient care.
- Issuing an independent report and instigating certain follow up procedures i.e. Abdominal X-rays, follow up scans etc.
- Suggesting specialist referrals or other investigations.
- Communicating effectively with patients and carers to ensure understanding of procedures, including gaining informed consent.
We are looking for a self-motivated and well organised Ultrasound Sonographer with experience working in the NHS and proven ability to work autonomously. As an experienced and competent Sonographer, you will understand the need for a caring, compassionate and patient centric approach. You will play a key role in the delivery of a quality ultrasound service in the CDC.
To be considered, you must:
- Be a registered sonographer with either RCT, HCPC or ASSR registration.
- Hold a PGDip in Medical Ultrasound / DMU equivalent.
- Have significant experience working as a Senior Sonographer, within the NHS.
- Experience of working with Clinical Leads in specialist areas to develop services, and with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be able to independently perform, interpret and report general ultrasound examinations.
- Manage your own workload, as well as that of your team, and be confident as a lone working Sonographer.
- Have the ability to teach clinical skills to other staff.
- Be able to assess and refer patients if further examinations/interventions are required.
At Perspectum, we offer our employees a fast-paced and fun environment. We are driven by hiring the best talent, who share our values of excellence, accountability, integrity, openness and passion for patient care.
We value our employees and are constantly striving to ensure we provide a working environment that offers something for everyone, including training opportunities and health and wellbeing initiatives. Benefits include:
- 33days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), increasing with service.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Free onsite facilities such as staff showers, changing rooms, break out areas and games tables, refreshments.
- Access to NHS Blue Light card.
- Gym Flex membership.
With free onsite parking, our newly found Community Diagnostics Centre (CDC) is proud to support the local NHS trust in ensuring patients are seen quickly and efficiently when going through their diagnostic journey. To enable this to happen you may be required to cover shift patterns including 7:30am-7:30pm across 7 days a week (37.5 hours a week).